Skip to the content
3. Download Latest CircuitPython and Libraries
a. Download CircuitPython Firmware
- Download the latest (stable) release of CircuitPython: go to the Circuit Playground Bluefruit download page at https://circuitpython.org/board/circuitplayground_bluefruit/
- The version to download is 7.0.0 (as of 12/1/202)
- Click the button to download the file you will use to update your Circuit Playground.
- Save the
.uf2 file you just downloaded in the project folder you created above.
b. Download CircuitPython Libraries
- Download the latest CircuitPython Library Bundle: go to the CircuitPython Libraries page at https://circuitpython.org/libraries and scroll down to the “Bundles” section.
- Look for the “Bundle for Version 7.x” download link (as of 12/1/2021)
- Click the button to download the library bundle
.zip file, and save it in your project folder.
- Check that the bundle’s “major” version number — the first number — matches the first number in the CircuitPython
.uf2 file (e.g. 7 for CircuitPython version 7.0.0).
- “Unzip” (uncompress) the library bundle into your project folder.