Skip to the content
2. Set Up Your Development Environment
a. Install the Mu Code Editor
- The Mu editor is a Python code editor designed for use with CircuitPython, MicroPython, and other microcontroller devices, along with standard Python 3.
- Download Mu from https://codewith.mu and install it.
- Other code editors may be used, however limited support for them will be provided during the class (see Alternate Development Systems end notes)
b. Create a Project Folder
- Create a project folder for this class in a convenient place on your computer (such as Your Desktop or Documents folder), name it something easy to remember like circuitplayground
- Make a note of where you created this folder and what you called it, you will add files to it in later steps.